GRAND PRIX Body Panel's

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
Hey guys. Does anybody have any information on what if any front fenders and doors that would interchange with a 1985 Grand Prix. I'm getting the life beat out of me trying to find replacement parts for this car. I've got a new Gen 1 SBC sitting for it but not sure how far to go with this car if I can't find any parts. Thank You!

Attachments

• 20221025_141030.jpg
    20221025_141030.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: 1 users

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Hey guys. Does anybody have any information on what if any front fenders and doors that would interchange with a 1985 Grand Prix. I'm getting the life beat out of me trying to find replacement parts for this car. I've got a new Gen 1 SBC sitting for it but not sure how far to go with this car if I can't find any parts. Thank You!
81 through 87 share the same body panels. There are 2 grille types 81-84 and 85-87 the same goes for the taillights. But they will interchange. 83 will have no hood spear or ornament. Everything in the interior should interchange also. Early years have white needle gauges and the later orange.

Reactions: 3 users

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
81 through 87 share the same body panels. There are 2 grille types 81-84 and 85-87 the same goes for the taillights. But they will interchange. 83 will have no hood spear or ornament. Everything in the interior should interchange also. Early years have white needle gauges and the later orange.
Well I guess I didn't phrase the question for what I'm exactly looking for. Would like a Regal or a Cutlass panels interchange with the Grand Prix. I know the body lines of the Monte are different but looking at Cutlass Doors I sure can't tell a difference. Trying to locate Grand Prix replacement Doors and Fenders is almost impossible!!

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
Well I guess I didn't phrase the question for what I'm exactly looking for. Would like a Regal or a Cutlass panels interchange with the Grand Prix. I know the body lines of the Monte are different but looking at Cutlass Doors I sure can't tell a difference. Trying to locate Grand Prix replacement Doors and Fenders is almost impossible! I
I think you need Grand Prix parts but I'm not 100 percent sure. People post Grand Prix parts on this site all the time. Maybe post what you need and someone here can help

Reactions: 1 user

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
I think you need Grand Prix parts but I'm not 100 percent sure. People post Grand Prix parts on this site all the time. Maybe post what you need and someone here can help
I'm learning that Grand Prix seems to be in a league of their own in the Gbody world! Thank you sir !!

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
No, the regal and cutlass don't interchange with a grand prix for any sheetmetal other than the roof, the firewall, and the floor

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Iowa Rockhauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2023
No, the regal and cutlass don't interchange with a grand prix for any sheetmetal other than the roof, the firewall, and the floor
That sure is what I'm finding out the hard way. The Bottoms of the doors are so far gone on this car there's just not much to work with. The car has a good frame under it but now I'm just struggling to continue. I'm having zero luck finding anything aftermarket for this body !!

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
That sure is what I'm finding out the hard way. The Bottoms of the doors are so far gone on this car there's just not much to work with. The car has a good frame under it but now I'm just struggling to continue. I'm having zero luck finding anything aftermarket for this body !!
Where are you located? I have a set of NOS skins I just picked up in NJ.
Edit: I’m guessing Iowa.

Reactions: 1 user

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I'm just in a suburb of Des Moines sir. What was the business that had those ?
They were part of a package deal with an &6 I bought. The doors on the car are dented, but pretty much rust free. Which is amazing since the car Sat outside for the past 6 years. I’m most likely just going to repair the doors that are on the car rather than mess with skinning them.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor