Body parts comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikDK

n00b
Apr 16, 2020
Hey, im a new member in here and are from Denmark. My Project car is a 79 Malibu 4 door. But I need Doors and trunk. I have been offered a 83 pontiac bonneville for parts. But Can I use the Doors and trunk from it?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You would most likely will be only able to use the front doors as the rear doors are different. Not sure about the trunk lid. Regardless the Bonneville will be a good source of parts that yoy may need.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! As long as you're getting the donor car/ parts for nothing, give the rear doors as try. What have you got to lose? You'll find the Bonneville to be an invaluable parts source. Good luck!

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If the rear door bottoms are in good condition and you are handy with a welder, the doors themselves are the same, just need to swap the window frames and glass from the 79 to the 83. Bonneville body lines are the same as on the Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor