Body work and Evercoat Rage Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Going to be done stripping paint down to bare metal soon. Then a few coats or epoxy primer. Then I'll wait possibly a week to cure. Then scuff. My question is would you uses Rage Ultra on entire body? I spoke with a guy who used 5 gallons of that on his Cutlass!
That seems expensive! I only have a few minor door dings and the rest of car is pretty straight. Can I or would you just go right to primer surfacer after addressing the body issues OR slather Rage everywhere ? Or spray able poly filler? I know there are many ways to get it done. Just wanted some opinions from you all here

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Tony, it all depends on how much of a body perfectionist you are? Since you say your elky's body is straight and only has a few door dings, you'd be wasting your time and money. For me, I'd fix the door dings, hit the whole body with a few coats of primer filler, then press on with block-sanding by hand. Enjoy!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Donovan will comment, I think he probably used 10 gallons of 2 different fillers and sanded 9.8 gallons off... Although his results speak for themself.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Tony, it all depends on how much of a body perfectionist you are? Since you say your elky's body is straight and only has a few door dings, you'd be wasting your time and money. For me, I'd fix the door dings, hit the whole body with a few coats of primer filler, then press on with block-sanding by hand. Enjoy!
I'd like it to look really good but I've never done it before. I really like seeing cars that are arrow straight BUT I probably couldn't differentiate between a 9 and a 10.
Thank you

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
the more coating that you put on the car, the higher the chances of stone chipping, door/fender edge chipping, etc.

There's a big difference between dedicated show cars and real-world drivers.

Wiping the whole car with filler is so Monster garage. Better to do the metalwork, prime and block the car until you're happy.

Unsolicited advice...DO NOT strip the entire car at one time. Strip , repair, epoxy, prime each panel as you go.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
the more coating that you put on the car, the higher the chances of stone chipping, door/fender edge chipping, etc.

There's a big difference between dedicated show cars and real-world drivers.

Wiping the whole car with filler is so Monster garage. Better to do the metalwork, prime and block the car until you're happy.

Unsolicited advice...DO NOT strip the entire car at one time. Strip , repair, epoxy, prime each panel as you go.
Doing each panel individually and will use high build primer and block
Edit... also just found out I canonly get low voc stuff delivered to me now.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Doing each panel individually and will use high build primer and block
Edit... also just found out I can only get low voc stuff delivered to me now.
what product are you trying to use/buy in the way that you can only get it that form?where are you buying it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor