Bolt Size Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1_monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2013
what size bolts are the front control arms?

Front lower control arms, ea. side takes
1 - M12 x 100mm (factory bolts were 95mm)
1 - M12 x 110mm
2 - M12 Metal locknut (not the plastic lined ones)

Front uppers, ea. side takes
2 - M12 x 66mm Serrated shank just below the head (GM Part # 461854)
2 - M12 Metal locknut (not the plastic lined ones)

All are 1.75 pitch and 10.9 grade

Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Here is the list of metric serrated flange head bolts from McMaster-Carr. I did not yet change these on my Malibu, so I do not know the correct size, but I suspect they will be M12 1.75 as well. Maybe 50 mm?

Attachments

• Upper Front Control Arm Bolts.JPG
    Upper Front Control Arm Bolts.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 324

ls1_monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2013
Its serrated kinda like a wheel lug is but with a hex head, not sure if I'm describing that well. When you take the nut off the bolt will stay in place, i suppose t makes it easier for shim install/removal.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ahhh. Splined like a wheel stud. If the factory one is not spinning, it will probably work just fine. The offset 'problem solver' upper control arm shafts will help aid negative camber without a huge stack of shims.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ahhh. Splined like a wheel stud. If the factory one is not spinning, it will probably work just fine. Use 'problem solver ' upper control arm cross shafts in your rebuild, and you can hit more negative camber with smaller stacks of shims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor