boss 338 rear wheel fitment on 85 GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
trying to keep the ball rolling on my build and have been looking for wheels, i so far have settled on the Boss 338 in 18in.. i am thinking of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400448488991?ss ... 1438.l2649
I think i have figured out from research is that the front wheels should be ok with a 245/40r18 and rears ok with a 275/40r18 from what other g body rides have.. backspacing on the fronts 4.5 and 5.03 rear... If i have to i will roll my rear fenders and use spacers with upgraded lug nut studs on all four corners. I want some CCW wheels but it's gonna be while before i can save my pennies for them :mrgreen: i'm so close to pulling the trigger after going to the local rim shop and getting a quote for close to a grand for the ridler wheel knock offs!! I plan on getting the rims first and getting the tires on credit through discount tire. If you guys think they will work let me know.. BTW my GP is dropped 1 in using Hotckis coils front and rear, Hotchkis solid rear control arms, rebuilt suspension front and rear and c6 brakes front and rear.. TIA!!

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Thanks! to be honest i'm kinda somewhat stuck on the boss 338's and from what i have researched some run the 9.5 with 5bs with no issue... BUT they are Monte SS and GN rides and it seems GP's are looked over somewhat. :| I will eventually get what i want ie: CCW, Rushforth or Forgelines sometime in the future. My goal right now is to get it rolling and start driving it once it's done! :mrgreen: if you have 18's and running a fat tire out back HELP!!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
never mind a old post revived somewhat confirmed my research...yaaaay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor