bought a 88 cutlass calais instead of of supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Daily drive it and don't waste money on it other than for maintenance to continue to well, daily drive it

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
I agree with the plan of using it solely as a daily driver and spending money on only routine maintenance, but everyone's gotta admit not many people bring an N-car to a car show -- it's nearly certain the crowd would gravitate to your car because it's something different from the Corvettes / Camaros / Mustangs that regularly show-up and after awhile all look the same, so if you want some attention ...

Veech

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2020
I agree with the plan of using it solely as a daily driver and spending money on only routine maintenance, but everyone's gotta admit not many people bring an N-car to a car show -- it's nearly certain the crowd would gravitate to your car because it's something different from the Corvettes / Camaros / Mustangs that regularly show-up and after awhile all look the same, so if you want some attention ...
Hmmm interesting thought. Maybe i wont go all out on it but a lil sum to make it snazzy n unique. Preciate the feedback

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Great looking Calais!
I love those cars, I've secretly had my eye out for one for a while... one of the only fwd platforms I enjoy.
A quick paint job and that thing is ready to go! Leave it stock or sell it to someone who will...

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Converting that to RWD would be cool as hell. Costly, time consuming but it’s cool. John Moss did it to a 90s Monte Carlo at Chevy. It was built with a 502. I would if I had the space/$$$$ would love to do a project like that. But in the real world, daily drive it while you find what you really want. You’ll have it for parts chasing for a Supreme.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Converting that to RWD would be cool as hell. Costly, time consuming but it’s cool. John Moss did it to a 90s Monte Carlo at Chevy. It was built with a 502. I would if I had the space/$$$$ would love to do a project like that. But in the real world, daily drive it while you find what you really want. You’ll have it for parts chasing for a Supreme.
That Monte used a modified F-body floor pan to do that conversion. I had the Hot Rod issue that covered it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As I remember, they said the 1/4s were stretched to accommodate a Seville rear end.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Let's not forget that the Super Stock NHRA cars of the era were these cars pulling 4 foot wheelstands going low 10s. Okay, they weren't all 4', but still...
blackstone_tp.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor