Bought A Camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
But I already have 2 5th gen Camaros, so they're actually too small for my applications. If they were SS or ZL1 rims, they'd already be in the garage corner. :)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Watch your head getting in. It's not like a G-body with some headroom. Ask me how I know...three times and 6 Excedrin until I really got the clue. 😧

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
If I were to buy a newer Camaro, I’d get the six cylinder. Even in my wifes 2016 Equinox, that little engine has balls . Nice score

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If I were to buy a newer Camaro, I’d get the six cylinder. Even in my wifes 2016 Equinox, that little engine has balls . Nice score
All the new V6 are impressive. More torque than G bodies HO V8'S and another 150 hp. Love the Pentastar 305 hp V6 and ZF8 speed in my Challenger, along with the 34.5 mpg imperial. Hopefully the 6 speed in his Camaro has better shift programming than the truck I drove.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Same engine as my wife's Colorado. I ported the throttle body and put a knock-off K&N intake on it when it was new. Then I tuned the transmission to shift like a 2015 Camaro and it woke right up. The biggest mod I made was adding a catch can to protect the intake valves from caking in oil sludge. We are just shy of 80K miles now. Watch for oil consumption as it'll eat a pint half way through an OCI.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Same engine as my wife's Colorado. I ported the throttle body and put a knock-off K&N intake on it when it was new. Then I tuned the transmission to shift like a 2015 Camaro and it woke right up. The biggest mod I made was adding a catch can to protect the intake valves from caking in oil sludge. We are just shy of 80K miles now. Watch for oil consumption as it'll eat a pint half way through an OCI.
Is it due to the direct injection? I know the 3.5 in our 2010 Challenger was meh. Known oil sludger, used oil and had the dreaded tick. So far 0 issues with the Pentastar. They seemed to escape the timing chain issues GM and Ford have had.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is it due to the direct injection? I know the 3.5 in our 2010 Challenger was meh. Known oil sludger, used oil and had the dreaded tick. So far 0 issues with the Pentastar. They seemed to escape the timing chain issues GM and Ford have had.

Yeah, port fuel injection helps to clean the back of the intake valves. There are options for cleaning the valves in the DI engines. We are getting about 70mL of oil in the catch can between oil changes.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
You should be pleased with it. We bought a 2010 new. Now has 120k miles with no issues other then what I call normal stuff. Maintenance, battery and a starter. It is wifes car. I have driven maybe 3 times. If I drive it and a meteor hits it, guess who's fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor