Bought a new daily driver/future project

Status
Not open for further replies.

journeyforce

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2012
So I got a new toy from Creigslist: A 1993 Subaru Impreza with the 1.8l 112,745 miles on it. I got it for $900. It looks good for its age and will make a good commuter car. It makes a cheap ABS/Airbag?AWD winter beater car. It has a few issues

1. Pass fender was replaced and the replacement was one of those black primered jobs that was never painted and is rusting. (But I will ether look for a replacement fender in that same color or get a good looking one of a different color and have it painted) Or i may just leave it

2. drivers side corner light has a crack on it(still very functional and will replace whenever)

3. Rear view mirror is loose(will tighten up or replace from a junk yard)

4. Belt molding(that rubber strip that attaches to the middle of the door) is missing on the drivers side and damaged on the passenger side(Subaru and GM have issues with those plastic white clips that hold the belt molding cracking and breaking off due to vibration and heat/cold cycles. I may remove them all and fill the holes as it looks more streamlined that way

5. Needs a new battery, it starts up but owner says if left a week or so it will be dead(the battery is old) (battery bought and awaiting placement in car)

6. Needs gas cap door(ether junk yard or a locking cap

7. missing 3 hubcaps

It has some dents and wear and tear but it be 20 years old and roamed the roads of Baltimore/Silver Spring and the Beltway

I estimate it is only going to cost about $150(battery included) to bring it up to cosmetic snuff

Other then that, it is good condition and nothing prevents me from driving it right away after tagging it

Here are the original seller's pics but when I drive it home I will add my own pics

Impreza3_zpsbb4e0a9d.jpg

Impreza2_zps73d03b7d.jpg

Impreza1_zpsd738d286.jpg

Only 112,464 on a 20 year old car(driven under 6,000 miles a year)
Impreza4_zps734d7122.jpg

It will replace my aging daily beater 1990 Volvo 240 with 500,743 miles on it and will allow me to only drive my 2012 XB(trying to get rid of that POS) on nice days. The Cutty needs some carb work so it is sleeping till spring.

Perhaps I will make it into a WRX clone or just drive the thing as is

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
journeyforce said:
Perhaps I will make it into a WRX clone or just drive the thing as is
8465570283_0980c309cf_n.jpg

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor