Brake booster bad ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have a 1980 monte carlo daily driver and all of a sudden the brake pedal got hard when driving and I heard a pop sound, is the brake booster done or what i have a vacuum canister also?Thanks

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Make sure you have good vacuum to the booster. Possible sludge in carb restricting vacuum supply so see if supply is coming from rear of carb or top of intake

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if your car stalled after that from a lean condition check the vaccum line to the booster.

Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
with the car running pull the vac hose off the booster to see if it is pulling vacuum.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe the check valve got stuck open or failed.

moby92

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2017
if your car stalled after that from a lean condition check the vaccum line to the booster.
This seems what is happening to buddy's car. We'll just finish installing the parts from 4Wheelonline onto the truck and we'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor