Brake booster question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPF 84 Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 2, 2020
Hi, in the process of restoring my 84 hurst
Took some time away from it due to various reasons.
2 questions about the brake booster what color was it on an 84 hurst (from pics I’ve seen it looks like any of the following… unpainted metal…..black … and even gold
Second…. Does the bracket that that bolts on the inside of the firewall go on top of the insulation or do I cut the ne insulation and put The bracket right against the metal then screw it down it’s been so long since I removed it I forget how it was and I don’t have any pictures of that particular part of the project
Thank you for your help in advance

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
1985 they went to black.

The 1984 H/O among others, were plated in zinc dichromate. That yellowy gold looking plating. Unless you're doing an exact restoration, black works. Otherwise you'd have to get yours rebuilt, etc., which could be a bit pricey.

Here's a picture of a low-mile original 84 H/O.

84 HO Low Mile brake master cylinder.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Hi, in the process of restoring my 84 hurst
Took some time away from it due to various reasons.
2 questions about the brake booster what color was it on an 84 hurst (from pics I’ve seen it looks like any of the following… unpainted metal…..black … and even gold
Second…. Does the bracket that that bolts on the inside of the firewall go on top of the insulation or do I cut the ne insulation and put The bracket right against the metal then screw it down it’s been so long since I removed it I forget how it was and I don’t have any pictures of that particular part of the project
Thank you for your help in advance
Bracket goes on the metal first then screws then insulation.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor