Brake light help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofast4U

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2019
Hey guys Been troubleshooting my brake light issue and need some help. I have all other lights, 4 way flashers and all. Just no Brake lights. I have replaced the brake light switch and still have issue. So there is a 3 way power plug that connects to the brake light switch, orange, white and blue wires I think. When I check if I have power there I get some weird numbers, like 1.2-1.7. So what kind of power numbers should I Be seen with the ORANGE and White wires? What fuse actually controls the brake lights? Any more idea’s?

Mckollektr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 8, 2019
have you tried looking in a manual or doing any more research on specs? i would've thought no more than .5 volts but am unsure myself. I go to school today i can ask my teacher to double check.

Lincoln7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 19, 2019
Virginia
Are you confident you're checking to a good ground? A voltmeter only sees the difference in voltage between two points

Tofast4U

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2019
I found my issue, it was the white wire coming down from the steering column, somebody did a Hack splice job. Always check the electrical tape connections. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor