Brake light help

T

Tofast4U

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2019
Hey guys Been troubleshooting my brake light issue and need some help. I have all other lights, 4 way flashers and all. Just no Brake lights. I have replaced the brake light switch and still have issue. So there is a 3 way power plug that connects to the brake light switch, orange, white and blue wires I think. When I check if I have power there I get some weird numbers, like 1.2-1.7. So what kind of power numbers should I Be seen with the ORANGE and White wires? What fuse actually controls the brake lights? Any more idea’s?

M

Mckollektr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 8, 2019
have you tried looking in a manual or doing any more research on specs? i would've thought no more than .5 volts but am unsure myself. I go to school today i can ask my teacher to double check.

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
have you checked to see if the constant hot wire to the brake switch has power

Lincoln7

Lincoln7

n00b
Mar 19, 2019
Virginia
Are you confident you're checking to a good ground? A voltmeter only sees the difference in voltage between two points

T

Tofast4U

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 8, 2019
I found my issue, it was the white wire coming down from the steering column, somebody did a Hack splice job. Always check the electrical tape connections. LOL

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor

copyright ©2018 Ripp Technical Services, All Rights Reserved.