brake line fittings

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
finally ready to redo the brake system in my 81 malibu. have just about everything and just looking everything over. something just does not look right. kept all the old stuff for reference to compare with new stuff (master,prop,calipers,rotors,pads).when i slide the fitting over the new line,the fitting seems to have a larger hole in it than the 3/16 line that goes in it. i know the difference between 3/16 and 1/4 inch lines. i had some old fittings left over from other project brake jobs and was able to use one that looked right. the line is 3/16 nickel/copper. i have the right fitting for the rear of the master but not the rear of the prop valve. is there a metric system that is going to drive me crazy on this project? having trouble with the fitting that goes into the rear prop valve. have not got to the front yet. bought the master from the zone about 5 years ago and it seems to be just like the original one. looks like the front on master takes 1/4 and the rear 3/16. prop valve was from a well known supplier and for my disc/drum. not that well versed on the thread sizes now but looks like that will change soon. just looks like the rear prop valve nut has just a little bit too big of hole in it for the 3/16 line. am i missing something. i can get pics if needed. thanks

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What's the part number of the proportioning valve you purchased? Some pics wouldn't hurt either.

I've bought bunches of fittings from Inline Tube. If you call them and tell them what you have and what you want to do, then they will hook you up at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
What's the part number of the proportioning valve you purchased? Some pics wouldn't hurt either.

I've bought bunches of fittings from Inline Tube. If you call them and tell them what you have and what you want to do, then they will hook you up at a reasonable price.
thanks for the reply . did some research and i think i know what i need. i'll pick up some nuts sat. and i'll have the ones that i know fit with me. looks like they are kinda inexpensive. inline Tube is who i'll call if i have problems. they have a good rep. thanks again

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For my 86' Regal I purchased the master cylinder and all of my fittings from Autozone, the proportioning valve is from Inline Tube's online store and the Cunifer brake tubing I bought from Ebay.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
For my 86' Regal I purchased the master cylinder and all of my fittings from Autozone, the proportioning valve is from Inline Tube's online store and the Cunifer brake tubing I bought from Ebay.
i got my stuff from autozone and summit,and ccp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor