BRAKE PEDAL CAUSES INTERIOR LIGHTS TO ILLUMINATE

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by 20Grand, Jun 3, 2018.

1. 20Grand

20Grand Apprentice

When I press the brake pedal, my parking lights and interior lights come on. When I turn on my head lights, I get a right turn signal when i put the switch down to go left. I recently put in a wired in a euro. Anyone have any ideas? I got pulled over tonight. I also think my left turn signal is the back stays illuminated when I have the lights On.

2. fleming442

fleming442 Comic Book Super Hero

Somebody got their white wires mixed up.

3. 20Grand

20Grand Apprentice

White wires? I have to go on a trip in a couple of days and trying to figure this out.

4. airboatgreg

airboatgreg G-Body Guru

Wires mixed up or a bad ground. Disconnect lights and bulbs at brakes one at a time and see what happens

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fleming442

Both the courtesy light and brake light circuits consist of orange 12v feeds, and white trigger leads.
    Brake lights= orange 12v at switch, white feeds turn signal switch at steering column
    Courtesy lights= orange 12v at bulbs, white ground trigger comes from door and headlight switches.
    Somebody screwed up. Those 2 don't just happen together. You wired in a euro what?

• Like Like x 1
  6. 20Grand

20Grand Apprentice

I wired in the lights for a euro clip. The sockets were different. The only thing I spliced in were the 4 lights, 2 lows and 2 highs. Black, green and tan. One or two of the black wires doesn’t have white lines on them. I can post pictures of what I did so far.

7. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Canadian Prime Minister

sounds like you are feeding power to a ground. I would disconnect every wire that you connected and start again with a diagram to follow.

#7 pontiacgp, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  8. 20Grand

20Grand Apprentice

So with the lights on, and turning the signal switch to left, I hear power coming to my relay box. With lights off, no sound of power going to the relay box. With lights off and turn signal down, left flashers flash, right signal, flasher stats on.

9. fleming442

Relay box or flasher? Did you use the old bulbs or put new in when you did the conversion. Start with the easiest (bulbs) and work towards the hardest. If all you did was a headlight/parking light/turn signal swap and everything was good before, I'd say bulbs are the easiest. Then, doublecheck your wiring..... Did you ground the headlights at the core support?

10. 20Grand

20Grand Apprentice

So after messing around, when I turn the left signal switch on, when the lights are off, it activates the fuel pump. He must’ve crossed those wires.