BRAKE PEDAL CAUSES INTERIOR LIGHTS TO ILLUMINATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
When I press the brake pedal, my parking lights and interior lights come on. When I turn on my head lights, I get a right turn signal when i put the switch down to go left. I recently put in a wired in a euro. Anyone have any ideas? I got pulled over tonight. I also think my left turn signal is the back stays illuminated when I have the lights On.

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
White wires? I have to go on a trip in a couple of days and trying to figure this out.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Wires mixed up or a bad ground. Disconnect lights and bulbs at brakes one at a time and see what happens

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Both the courtesy light and brake light circuits consist of orange 12v feeds, and white trigger leads.
Brake lights= orange 12v at switch, white feeds turn signal switch at steering column
Courtesy lights= orange 12v at bulbs, white ground trigger comes from door and headlight switches.
Somebody screwed up. Those 2 don't just happen together. You wired in a euro what?

Reactions: 1 user

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
I wired in the lights for a euro clip. The sockets were different. The only thing I spliced in were the 4 lights, 2 lows and 2 highs. Black, green and tan. One or two of the black wires doesn’t have white lines on them. I can post pictures of what I did so far.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
sounds like you are feeding power to a ground. I would disconnect every wire that you connected and start again with a diagram to follow.

Last edited:

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
So with the lights on, and turning the signal switch to left, I hear power coming to my relay box. With lights off, no sound of power going to the relay box. With lights off and turn signal down, left flashers flash, right signal, flasher stats on.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Relay box or flasher? Did you use the old bulbs or put new in when you did the conversion. Start with the easiest (bulbs) and work towards the hardest. If all you did was a headlight/parking light/turn signal swap and everything was good before, I'd say bulbs are the easiest. Then, doublecheck your wiring..... Did you ground the headlights at the core support?

20Grand

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2018
So after messing around, when I turn the left signal switch on, when the lights are off, it activates the fuel pump. He must’ve crossed those wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor