Brake Proportioning Valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
I had to replace this valve on my 88 MC SS because the OEM wasn't working. Didn't realize back brakes have not work for some time. Have owned the car 24 yrs & the rear drum brakes had little wear as did the drums looked new. So got the replacement PP valve got it in place worked great until this last Friday. There is a looks to be a relief valve all I no to call it was blowing fluid out every time I hit the brakes & of course the thing went out on I-20 but I was able to limp home. Has anyone had this sort of malfunction to the replacement PP valve GM doesn't make the OEM PP valve any longer.
Any help comments or what have U is welcomed. In below picture U can see the whatever on left side with a black cover is leaking profusely.

Below picture is a representation of the valve. Not purchased from the listed seller
Thx again
Gary

upload_2017-8-5_11-43-42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor