Brake rattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
Hey hows it going? Quick question maybe you guys will know.

Noticed a rattle sound coming from front end near the brakes or when i hit the brakes long story short noticed the front pads move quite abit and are probably rattling. So i bought new anti rattle clips. Is it just 1 clip per side of car? The box just had 2 clips so was curious . Anything else to check?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Think about it: if you're on the brakes, the calipers are pushing the pads into the rotor and the friction/centrifugal force is pushing the pad to the front of the caliper grooves (that the pads ride in). How could it possibly move enough to make noise? Are the rotors warped? Is it a jingly sound (sway bar end links)?

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
I know Just when you first hit the brakes after that is fine. Not while your braking and front end is all new. Rattles over large bumps too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor