HELP Brake switch wiring- 4L80E TCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright guys, I'm sorta stumped on this one. I'm wiring in the brake switch from a 4th gen F body to allow the torque converter to lock/unlock as necessary.
The stock Cutlass pigtail has 3 wires as seen in pic (blue, orange, and white), but the Camaro pigtail only has blue and orange...
20190728_013952.jpg

So where does the white wire get wired in??? According to the schematic, or at least how I understand it is the white wire is a signal to allow the turn signals and hazards flash while the brake is applied. I'm not a DA when it comes to wiring, but scratching my head right now.
20190728_101134.jpg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
No, no, no! Blue coming off the F-body pigtail will go to your trans module(?). Just splice white to white and orange to orange. Is it purple or pink for the backside section of the F-body pigtail? Either way, that goes to ignition hot (pink), and the blue output to the trans module. The blue on the G switch harness will just be dead. What trans you have again?

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
No, no, no! Blue coming off the F-body pigtail will go to your trans module(?). Just splice white to white and orange to orange. Is it purple or pink for the backside section of the F-body pigtail? Either way, that goes to ignition hot (pink), and the blue output to the trans module. The blue on the G switch harness will just be dead. What trans you have again?
4L80E so the wiring should be the same as your 60E. This pic I've saved from google. I'll take a couple pics when I get back to the house.
brake_switch_2.jpg

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Alright, here is the two prong pigtail from the F body switch tied into the existing wiring....
20190728_162015.jpg

Here is the rear 4 prong pigtail...
20190728_161854.jpg

My switch is identical to pic I posted, so two wires are tied off, the pink will be switched +12V, and the purple will tie into the purple wire from standalone harness for TCC. This is what is messing with my noodle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor