Brake tubing on G bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
be careful with that cause brake fluid is very flammable....
I will blast it down with brake clean. I picked up a 5 and 6 foot copper nickel line.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I will blast it down with brake clean. I picked up a 5 and 6 foot copper nickel line.

with that type of line you will not need the tube bender tool...and I would suggest to try a few flares before you do it on the line you are using. The material is softer them ametal line and I found it takes a little practice to get the flares right without digging too deep into the soft material.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The 5 foot flared on both ends with fittings was the perfect length. Man, is this stuff easy to work with, put on, no leaks. I ended up bleeding both sides, pedal was soft once I backed out and took it for a drive. This 350 runs really nice, can hardly wait till the new rad comes and I can hit the open road.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The 5 foot flared on both ends with fittings was the perfect length. Man, is this stuff easy to work with, put on, no leaks. I ended up bleeding both sides, pedal was soft once I backed out and took it for a drive. This 350 runs really nice, can hardly wait till the new rad comes and I can hit the open road.

wait a sec, you can't do this job with no problems.....you need to redo the job and f*k something up that takes a few boxes of popcorn to fix.... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor