Brakes not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean8485 is correct about a bad booster giving a harder pedal. That indicates a lack of engine vacuum or internal vacuum leak in the booster and you are fighting the big spring inside the housing as well as the brake system. However on 2 seperate cars I've had a condition where the pedal would slowly drop all the way to the firewall and you would hear a loud WHOOSH sound as it went down. Changing the master or check valve would not cure it, only changing the booster. I can't find any reference to this in any book or manual and it's driven me nuts for years. If anybody knows what causes this I would love to learn.

Been doing brakes for alot of years. What you described is a leaking master cylinder. It leaks into booster at first you cant see it. Fading pedal is master cylinder. Hopes this helps keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor