Brakes question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Couple of questions. Are you sure that you've bled ALL of the air out of the hydraulic system? Secondly, are the rear brake shoes and rear park brake cables properly adjusted? Usually, the valve in the proportioning valve will center itself if you have equal brake hydraulic pressure in the lines for both the front and the rear brakes.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I'm pretty sure I got all the air out, I'll make sure when I'm at the shop tonight. the rear brakes are adjusted properly, i just replaced everything back there. I forgot to mention the fact that a line blew while i was on the road driving, so the prop valve im sure would have switched. I'm pretty sure it just hasnt switched back, we had lots of fluid and no air coming out when we bled them.

Ryan

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Make sure you bleed them in the proper order. Start with the wheel furthest from the master cylinder and work your way closer. IE:

Right Rear
Left Rear
Right Front
Left Front

Doing it in any other order results in a good chance that air is still in the system. If done the right way the proportioning valve will automatically re-center itself.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
yah, thats the way we did it. gonna try again tonight when i'm back at the shop. Gonna be a long night, i got my springs/shocks, balljoints and swaybar links in today, got 4 tires to slap on too.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor