Brass Heater Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Who offers a brass replacement heater core for these cars. All I'm finding locally are aluminum and reviews state that the fit isn't all that good.

Anyone?

Good luck, like radiators every one is going aluminum. You might have to across the web to find older stock brass units.

I think I got close to $30 when I scrapped my old brass one a few years ago. I'd hate to know what a new brass one costs.

I won't buy a new one, I'd get mine repaired. If I didn't have an original heater core I'd get one from a yard car and get that one repaired.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
I ended up removing my brass heater core and replaced it with an aluminum one. Not that my brass core was bad, but it was close to 30 yrs old, so being that I was replacing my evaporator core, I thought I might as well replace the heater core while i had to open up the HVAC box anyway.

I believe my brass heater core was a Modine brand, like my radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor