Bring a Trailer G-bodys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Between staring at spreadsheets and Outlook at work sometimes I need to take a beak and cruise auction/surplus sights.
I came a cross a few G's on BaT figured I would share for those who haven't seen them

These should be interesting to watch. Id' really like to know the reserves set on these auctions.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
More like bring your check book - I don't think either will sell. (reserve not meet)

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Is it odd that I’d rather have the GP over the Hurst? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Meh, sometimes it’s about enjoying what you own. I’d rather enjoy driving the GP, than looking at the Hurst...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Is it odd that I’d rather have the GP over the Hurst? :unsure:
Not to me.

It depends on what you're looking for in the car. The GP would be a better driving experience.

Meh, sometimes it’s about enjoying what you own. I’d rather enjoy driving the GP, than looking at the Hurst...

Of the two, the Hurst probably has the better value floor/ceiling. However, I'd bet the GP is more rare and harder to duplicate.

Using the GP you destroy most of its value. But it'd be a fun trip to get there

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
t depends on what you're looking for in the car. The GP would be a better driving experience.

I had a GP LJ and I loved driving it - friend of mine had a Hurst and driving it was just that much better. As stated, when I sold it it took almost a year and and sure didn't get much.

IMG_4951.JPG
IMG_4947.JPG

HEMMINGS CLASSIC CAR
Hemmings Find of the Day – 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix

6673304-640-0.jpg

Though Buick V-6 faithful are probably loading red-hot Garrett turbochargers filled with boiling gear oil into catapults aimed at Vermont as they read this, the first thing we thought about while gazing upon this burgundy-on-burgundy 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix was removing the aspirated 110-horsepower V-6 luncheon loafer and shoehorning in a supercharged 556-horsepower GM eRod LS3. Adding some manner of bulletproof five-speed manual transmission and indestructible rear differential would result in a 50-state legal full-size intermediate that Pontiac never built, with scads of horsepower in a stylish package that still bears the GM Mark of Excellence. Besides. We love the smell of vintage burgundy leather and tire smoke in the morning. Even leaving this deluxe Pontiac Grand Prix SJ factory-stock should slake your thirst for Eighties burgundy from this life into the next. From the seller’s description:
This 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ has only 51,000 original miles. The engine is the original 3.8 Liter with a three-speed automatic transmission. The car was painted its original color 10 years ago. The vinyl top is in excellent condition. No fading, rips or cracks. The car includes P/S, P/B, P/W, A/C, Power Door Locks and Cassette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor