Broken down Dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
So guys and gals i have a question about a 2005 Dodge Magnum. It has that pos 2.7 v6 that chrysler put in everything. About a year ago it overheated on my daughter. Thermostat housing froze. Replaced that but still used water. Head gasket i think. I put a can of block seal in it. Seamed to work. Now chk engine light came on. Hooked up my handy code scanner. #2 injector misfire. Replaced it runs fine. Now has a top end rattle. Pretty nasty. But it comes and goes so i dont think its nottom end. But while its running it just suddenly shuts off. I have loaded a video for u to look at. And when it shuts off thats not me shutting it off. Just does it by itself. It will restart though. Any ideas would be appreciated. It has 221,000 miles on it. Im gonna have to done load the video on a separate thread. It will be next. Sorry

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
is the 2.7 the one that is notorious for the water pump going out behind the timing cover and sludging up the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor