Brown Interior??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for the info everyone. It has a full power driver's seat. The passenger side moves front and back manually, I'll have to check to see if it reclines tomorrow. This car's interior is about flawless, from carpet to headliner. Unfortunately it was crashed in the snow by the previous owner, so I bought it for the interior and a few parts I can use on our Cutlass'. I'm going to swap the entire interior except the dash into a very well worn 86 Bonneville I bought a while back, this one is for my second oldest kid to start autocrossing. The interior on the Bonnie is gray, which I like for this one but it's pretty hammered inside, top to bottom. I was going to paint it charcoal gray but now with wanting to swap the brown interior in I'm leaning more towards a lighter metallic gray paint color, Which I think jives better with the brown. I've been thinking about just wrapping it in 3M "Anthracite Grey Metallic", which is sort of a medium gray with a very very slight blue tint and lots of metallic in it. Plus those couch potato seats in the Cutlass are just so dang comfy! lol.

View attachment 167289

View attachment 167290

View attachment 167292 View attachment 167293
Is there nothing else going on in the pro-touring scene? Black TT2s and blacked out trim? I do like the Shaker scoop!

Reactions: 1 user

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I’ve also never seen a power passenger seat of any kind in a g-body, not saying it couldn’t exist but I’ve never seen proof or saw it listed as an option.
The power passenger seat was never an option from the factory. I added one to my 442. It’s added weight but my goal is not to be the fastest guy out there

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
The power passenger seat was never an option from the factory. I added one to my 442. It’s added weight but my goal is not to be the fastest guy out there

I see it brought up time to time, but have never seen it and don't think it was possible, but there have been some odd options. I also added the power passenger seat to my 87' Monte, bucket seat car. On a Turbo Buick forum years ago someone else did it too.

Reactions: 1 user

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Great info about the interiors, PBG, thanks!

Fleming- Yes you're right about the ... yawn... old styling cliche build. I paid $500 for the Bonnie with the challenge to build it as cheap as I can. All of the suspension, brakes, wheels and tires are hand me downs from my Pumkinator build from several years back, all collecting dust in storage. Pumkinator now has 315s all around on 18x10.5 wheels and I'm building yet another suspension to try make it one of the quickest G-bodies on the autocross. With all the spare parts laying around it was a natural and a very cheap way to build Bruiser for my daughter to join my son and I at the races. Being cheap with this build means there's more $ left over for Pumkinator.

I bought this Cutlass parts car for $400 and split the cost with my son who's taking the frame and bunch of engine bay parts to rebuild his 78 Cutlass that someone crashed into. So $200 for a complete super nice interior fits the cheap build motif, even if it is brown, lol. I also picked up a set of Pontiac dog dish caps. I already have the MB Old school wheels but later on when I don't need the $600 for another project I plan to buy 17x9 Steelies for that detective 9C1 look. That's a little cliche-ish too but we're not talking about a 69 Camaro, it's an ugly $500 4 door that I think built this way will still stand out in a crowd. ;)

315 Pumk 001.jpg

315 Pumk 002.jpg

New engine 1.jpg

Bruiserville Silver Cop.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Funny thing is that I've been contemplating a chin spoiler and lay down like that on the Pig. It's not worth the effort at this point; I have bigger fish to fry.

What do you charge for a rendering?

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
I guess you have to choose your battles right? ;) I have a good idea for a super cheap front air dam. I'll be doing a build thread for Bruiser once I really dig in and will post details then.

Thanks for asking. The renderings for my own cars are always done fairly quick, but I spend more time and effort on clients' work to really make it nice. A single view view Like the Camaro or Vette are $399, a two view like the Lincoln or the Nova are $699. The final print ready digital files come to you in sizes ranging from 8x10" up to 24x36". I don't pay to sponsor/advertise here so out of respect for the group if you're interested shoot me a PM for further details. (y)

68 Camaro Chris.jpg
01 A1 Vette Sample.jpg

01 A2a Nova Sample.jpg
64 Lincoln Web Post large.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor