BS 84' Regal Add On CL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I emailed this person when I first saw the add 4 days ago but right off the bat I thought there were some red flags since the only contact was email, one partial picture and no info on the car at all along with the fact it appears to be a clean t-top car with aftermarket wheels, a GN hood and front air deflectors, I again emailed early this morning with no response just to enforce my idea of it being a fake add. It even has the little protectors for the door locks. Thoughts?
https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/84-regal/6578303660.html
00M0M_5jyB4u3k3NL_600x450.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I vote bs... you'd maybe know better but I doubt there is that much foliage out there yet

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I vote bs... you'd maybe know better but I doubt there is that much foliage out there yet
It could be an older picture but yeah the leaves barely started yet.
I just don't know how you post an add like this for a car like this and still be legit but maybe they don't know how to text, answer emails or post more than one picture at a time.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Why waste time creating the ad if it isn't for real? I don't get it.

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
those are spammer ads down here... if you left your e-mail, you may be hearing that you've come into some money, they'll just need your credit card to pay the taxes on it! congrats!:friday:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Why waste time creating the ad if it isn't for real? I don't get it.
Around here, some for sale ads are posted up that are vague and aren't about selling the car... it's actually coded messages related to drug and/or other illegal activity from what I understand.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Around here, some for sale ads are posted up that are vague and aren't about selling the car... it's actually coded messages related to drug and/or other illegal activity from what I understand.
Maybe you see where that car is rolling you'll know where to get you score.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Maybe you see where that car is rolling you'll know where to get you score.
For me the score would be getting a clean 84' t-top Regal for a great price.;)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I never respond to a CL add if it doesn't have a phone number. If they are a serious seller, they will leave a phone number.

• Agree

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I never respond to a CL add if it doesn't have a phone number. If they are a serious seller, they will leave a phone number.

Interesting. I never give my number on a CL ad. As a seller I think if you take the time to send an email and it reads that you are actually interested I will contact with my cell number. But then again I don't HAVE to sell whatever I put on CL so it is what it is.

I also think if they have part of your name, a legit email, your cell number, etc. they can apply for a credit card in your name so there's that too....lol

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor