Bucket List Car marked off & new project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2020
Georgia
I'd be happy with a rust free body at my stage of the rebuild.

Things I have learned over the years of redoing cars, sometimes paying a little more for a clean base is worth the headache and money. Yeah you save some in the start but man, I have been bitten in the *ss buying a "restoration project" My 67 Dart was a G*d*amn nightmare. I loved it but sold it because it was such a heartache to get through. So many jimmy joe mods that were unknown and undisclosed.

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
A Big Block looks right at home in a G Body !!
Guy
IMG_0218.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
That thing looks clean
Good luck with the build and keep us updated
Oh one more thing put a big block in it

AlexT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2020
Georgia
That thing looks clean
Good luck with the build and keep us updated
Oh one more thing put a big block in it

Trying to get a hold of a shop to do a frame notch right now and then put in an 8.5 rear. Hopefully done with that by the end of the month. Tackling handling and beefing up the drivetrain, then the engine. I've been that guy that dropped an engine in a car that was ready to handle it.

That's like dropping off a virgin at a strip club. Intentions are good........outcome not so much LOL

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Trying to get a hold of a shop to do a frame notch right now and then put in an 8.5 rear. Hopefully done with that by the end of the month. Tackling handling and beefing up the drivetrain, then the engine. I've been that guy that dropped an engine in a car that was ready to handle it.

That's like dropping off a virgin at a strip club. Intentions are good........outcome not so much LOL

FWIW, I wouldn’t dare notch that car. My Malibu wouldn’t even gain 1/2” by notching. Too nice of a car to cut for no reason.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor