Bucket seat adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
My driver side manual seat has a good lean towards the passenger side. Is there a way to adjust this?

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Have you taken it out and checked for any rot in the brackets or mount in the floor? 30+ years of use may cause some sag. Otherwise some good ol shim may be your solution.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Factory mounting makes the bucket seats tend to tilt inward. This could be a fault with the seat construction, seat integrity (bent backing parts, frames, etc.) or simply how it was designed. From the factory they tend to lean in a bit toward the console. Maybe not all of them, but a whole bunch of them. You can put some shims under the seat, but make sure they're strong and metal. You want those to not come shearing loose in any potential crash, God forbid.

My 87 has around 23K on the clock. You can see the seats leaning inward. Weird. But common on G-bodies.

87 442 1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Factory mounting makes the bucket seats tend to tilt inward. This could be a fault with the seat construction, seat integrity (bent backing parts, frames, etc.) or simply how it was designed. From the factory they tend to lean in a bit toward the console. Maybe not all of them, but a whole bunch of them. You can put some shims under the seat, but make sure they're strong and metal. You want those to not come shearing loose in any potential crash, God forbid.

My 87 has around 23K on the clock. You can see the seats leaning inward. Weird. But common on G-bodies.

View attachment 120045
Ya mine leans just like that.

Attachments

• 1565037593439376310879.jpg
    1565037593439376310879.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 332
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor