Bucket seat Donor Vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
What cars will the bucket seats fit my Grand Prix? I was very disappointed at finding a Montey that had bucket seats and it was already stripped at the U Pull It yard! :cry: Need seats that Recline badly, the non-reclining versions will kill my poor back.

Thanks for any help!

unityjon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2007
ever thought about seats from a more modern car ?

I wanted to swap my seats out and found some (in need of a clean) at a yard and as they were from a 4 door car i fitted some swivel bases to allow access.

rearseat.JPG

interiorswivelseats2.JPG

obviously in need of a clean when these pics were taken. I had to make some new floor mounts up to keep the functionality of the runners etc but it wasnt hard.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
What car did you get those seats from and what other modern/older cars will work? My driver's seat base is ruined due to rust. What swivel bases did you use?

Thanks

unityjon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 7, 2007
thebaron said:
What car did you get those seats from and what other modern/older cars will work? My driver's seat base is ruined due to rust. What swivel bases did you use?

Thanks

Not sure it will help as i'm in the UK ? but the doner car was a Rover 420 and the swivel seat bases were bought online from a company called FASP they're designed to go into Mercedes Vans when they convert them to Camper vans and use the seats like captain seats !

Take a measure and measure the width and depth of your current seat bases and then just measure up other seats when you get a chance, as long as you go no larger than what you already have it shouldnt be a problem.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
I am using Seats out of a 2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible in my Monte Carlo. I had to modify the Chrysler Tracks slightly and fabricated some simple intermediate brackets to go between the tracks and the Factory G-body mounting brackets. I picked up the inboard mounting brackets from a 60/40 Split car, as mine was originally a one piece bench seat.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
You may be able to use the track from the driver side of a 60/40 split bench G-Body. It uses the same mounting points to the floor pan as the Bucket Seats. Should be easier to find. Not sure that anything else will be a direct bolt in. The tracks from many different vehicles could be made to work, GM or others, but will likely need some fabrication to line up with your factory mounting points. I think another thread on here said you can get aftermarket universal tracks from Summit.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
Blazer buckets fit with a little work!

After measuring and taking off the old brackets, I used a gray with red stripes buckets from an 90's blazer. It required little work for the GP 84 Bucket brackets, but the 40/60 brackets required a bit of yanking to get the front driver's bolt to line-up with the bolt on the floor..... The original bracket was destroyed and did not want to pay an arm and a leg for another one.

I am loading up the pictures on Cardomain... Third Page, which includes more goodies from the 'Yard Faerie!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
You may be able to get a set from a Camaro or Firebird to fit if you have the correct G body brackets. The F cars have a pronounced hump on the passenger's side and would be hard to adapt using their brackets. I would like a set of 80's Recaros for my G body, but they were not factory installed ( as far as I know...GNX maybe?) and I can't find them cheap enough to adapt them. ( I'd also like a 6 spd...) However, they were available in some F bodies ( 1982 Z-28 pace car, IIRC) and if the bolt pattern is the same, maybe they can be adapted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor