Bucket Seat Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
I need to get new foam for all the seats in my 78 Malibu. I tossed the old ones due to the mouse urine smell. I found these locally, the rears are definatly correct, the fronts look different than what mine are. Does this look like someone recovered the factory high back buckets or reshaped the foam.

My seats look like this.
1608124554663.png

Thoughts?

Last edited:

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I need to get new foam for all the seats in my 78 Malibu. I tossed the old ones due to the mouse urine smell. I found these locally, the rears are definatly correct, the fronts look different than what mine are. Does this look like someone recovered the factory high back buckets or reshaped the foam.

My seats look like this.
View attachment 164558
Thoughts?
The seats in the facebook posting are from a Camaro, possibly s10.

Reactions: 1 users

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
The Strato buckets (RPO A51) are the same for all divisons for the A/G bodies so as long as you have A51 listed as your seat option that seat foam will work.
I believe these are the Strato Buckets.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
As an FYI to others, the foam already arrived. I ordered it from Jegs and it looks to be a quality reproduction of the factory foam. I have to believe it is the same factory in China producing this companies as well as PUI interiors version. Jegs only charged $20 shipping every other place was close to $60.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor