Bucket seat swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2018
What's going on I went to the local scrap yard and found a couple of 2005 Monte Carlo Carlos that I wanted to take the seats out of, I was wondering would I be able to use the seat tracks that's already on them I have a full bench seat so I have to buy the bucket seat mounts thanks any help is appreciated.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
When putting in any newer seats you’ll need to fab up some brackets, don’t think anyone makes or sells things that are bolt in and go. Took me quite a few man hours with cutting/drilling and adding some metal to get Cobalt seats to attach to g-body tracks so they bolt in and also sit at a decent height.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
When putting in any newer seats you’ll need to fab up some brackets, don’t think anyone makes or sells things that are bolt in and go. Took me quite a few man hours with cutting/drilling and adding some metal to get Cobalt seats to attach to g-body tracks so they bolt in and also sit at a decent height.
Ditto for 96 Camaro seats

Hubb79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2018
appreciate the response do you think it would be easy if I would just use the Monte Carlo tracks off of the 05?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Since most later model or aftermarket seats are not a bolt in IMO I think it is easier to make brackets to mount the seats to the Gbody tracks that already fit the car

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
appreciate the response do you think it would be easy if I would just use the Monte Carlo tracks off of the 05?

I would always try to make it a bolt in deal and not hack up the stock floor or mounts. I have a feeling many of the newer seats are forced in that way. I’d combine g-body tracks with whatever seat you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor