Bucket seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Has anyone tried the 66-72 GM strato bucket seats in a Gbody? I've always liked those seats. Had a 70 Monte Carlo with rolled and pleated nylon buckets, they were really comfortable.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think most go with a newer style seats in our Gbodies either aftermarket or factory with more side bolstering, I think those are nice looking seats for that era but I feel they look dated even in a Gbody.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Agreed with 565bbchevy, those seats would look dated in a G body.

Here's what i have in my cutlass. Not a factory option...but decent aftermarket nrg brand that look a little different from the common seats. They actually bolted up to the factory sliders with very, very little mods.
0504151825.jpg

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I think most go with a newer style seats in our Gbodies either aftermarket or factory with more side bolstering, I think those are nice looking seats for that era but I feel they look dated even in a Gbody.
The 78 and up are basically just a high back version of the strato seat. 69-72 had the built in headrests. Two different models came in factory gold, I plan to do my El Camino in black paint with gold interior. Can you tell I'm from Pittsburgh? I'm just trying to figure if they'll work and what it would take. Thanx for your response.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would imagine they would work fine, I am not sure if the track widths are the same as the Gbody but they most likely are and if not they could be easily modified to fit

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor