Bucket Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Yup. Only caveat here being that before I would introduce them to the item shown above, I would first go manual and get them loose by hand. Why?? Because all of those nuts are located in tight quarters, which is why Jake-FSF suggested that device of his in the first place. Thing for anyone, but particularly anyone living in the rustbelt, those nuts, being exposed to the perils of rust belt living, can get pretty corroded from anything from normal water/moisture exposure, to getting inundated with salt/calcium from winter boots climbing in from winter roads. That makes them susceptible to rounding over and or rotting away so, while it might look like a nut, any type of heavy torque, like that from a Milwaukee Fuel driven power ratchet, could convert the nut from a hex to an acorn. JUst saying here.

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Sammieizzy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2021
Yup. Only caveat here being that before I would introduce them to the item shown above, I would first go manual and get them loose by hand. Why?? Because all of those nuts are located in tight quarters, which is why Jake-FSF suggested that device of his in the first place. Thing for anyone, but particularly anyone living in the rustbelt, those nuts, being exposed to the perils of rust belt living, can get pretty corroded from anything from normal water/moisture exposure, to getting inundated with salt/calcium from winter boots climbing in from winter roads. That makes them susceptible to rounding over and or rotting away so, while it might look like a nut, any type of heavy torque, like that from a Milwaukee Fuel driven power ratchet, could convert the nut from a hex to an acorn. JUst saying here.

Nick
Thanks for the information

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor