Buick 350

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
Since the engine was out I decided to clean and reseal the AC/heater box. That was a pain. I got a kit that said it was complete with detailed instructions and that was a lie lol. There’s a dude on YouTube building a 442 that has a descent video that helped a lot. I hit with some plastic prep and some flat black. I’m pretty happy with it all things considered.
IMG_0498.png
IMG_0497.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
So I got my rings in the mail. I went to gap them and the gap was huge. It was .14 so I emailed Hastings and they said they could offer 568.100. I doubled checked my calipers with a feeler gauge and they are on the money. My bore is 8.35 and the pistons themselves are 3.83 I’m not gonna lie. I am beyond disappointed. I put a ton of effort into this project and it keeps throwing me curve balls. sorry for venting I just want to get this engine back in my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hit me up with questions or ideas. Thank you

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So I got my rings in the mail. I went to gap them and the gap was huge. It was .14 so I emailed Hastings and they said they could offer 568.100. I doubled checked my calipers with a feeler gauge and they are on the money. My bore is 8.35 and the pistons themselves are 3.83 I’m not gonna lie. I am beyond disappointed. I put a ton of effort into this project and it keeps throwing me curve balls. sorry for venting I just want to get this engine back in my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hit me up with questions or ideas. Thank you
I wonder if the p/o had a shop mess with the block and they bored it weird. There is quite literally no reason for the engine to be 3.85 inches. Send a pic of how you're measuring the bores, I get that you keep coming up with the same measurement, but i still cant wrap my head around this situation.
Take the rings off of one of the pistons, does it fit snuggly in the bore? Or is there a bunch of slop?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor