Buick GSX article

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Probably my favourite muscle car... should have bought one when they were less desirable.

Reactions: 2 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
I worked at a Buick dealership when they came out. Wondered what all the fuss was about, "its just a V6" thought the kid who grew up with V8''s.
When the sales manager told me to wash the new arrival and run it on the test loop, I found out why.
Came out of the far end of the lot onto the divided highway and stood on it.
Going by the showroom sideways headed for 80 mph laughing my a** off , I began to understand.
All the boss said when I got back was "You didn't scratch it, RIGHT?! He saw it all and knew I was hooked.
Loved 'em ever since that day back in 80's.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I worked at a Buick dealership when they came out. Wondered what all the fuss was about, "its just a V6" thought the kid who grew up with V8''s.
When the sales manager told me to wash the new arrival and run it on the test loop, I found out why.
Came out of the far end of the lot onto the divided highway and stood on it.
Going by the showroom sideways headed for 80 mph laughing my a** off , I began to understand.
All the boss said when I got back was "You didn't scratch it, RIGHT?! He saw it all and knew I was hooked.
Loved 'em ever since that day back in 80's.

So you are somewhere between 65 and 100 years old?

GSX, not GNX.

• Haha

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Probably my favourite muscle car... should have bought one when they were less desirable.
Same here. But, the yellow was my 'no can do'. The Apollo White cars were/are scarce & that would be my choice.

When I was in my teens doing tires/shocks/batteries & mixing paint @ Sears in an older part of Dallas, there was a guy that came in who built his own version. Built 455. T/A heads. Doug Nash 5spd. To this day I can still remember the force that pinned you to the seat when he rowed through the gears. That thing was awesome. He eventually did one of those custom TH400 w/a switch-pitch converter after the 5spd failures & I think that was the last I saw of it on the regular. Very cool old guy that loved to 'share' info/stories/history of the car. I should have gotten his contact number & tried to keep in touch after I moved on from there.

Reactions: 3 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
So you are somewhere between 65 and 100 years old?

GSX, not GNX.
Didn't even click the linked article.....
Saw Buick and the G and the X and I took a detour down memory lane, my bad.
I do remember sending big block Buicks and Pontiacs down the loser lane in my buddy's Baldwin Motion LT-1 Z-28 though...

Reactions: 1 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
My buddy is the white 70 GSX in the picture in the article with the hood down and he sent me this picture when he was there.
IMG_20210608_170330_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor