Build Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldsDad

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Mar 16, 2019
Southwest Michigan 49102
I Have a 86 442 that is going to be painted in the next month. The Door tags that show the Build date and GVWR are badly faded. I contacted ECS Auto concepts to re-print the tags. They need the Date of MFG and I don't know where to find it. TIA

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Not sure if you'd find it anywhere else. Maybe on the RPO tag on the underside of the trunklid.

If not contact your dealer with your vin, they 'should' be able to tell you, as long as you get someone with half a brain.

OldsDad

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Mar 16, 2019
Southwest Michigan 49102
Thanks I will try the dealer. I did not see anything in the trunk lid but I will look closer tomorrow. Hey Dayze Don't bash the Jetta too hard I also have a 2009 TDI and I will take the 40+ MPG all day long

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Have you tore the car apart yet? The build sheets that get stuffed in seats and behind the door panels have the build date on them. I found a build sheet stapled to the foam on my back seat. I also found one on the inside of the drivers door panel. And yet another under the hood insulation. My 84 Regal was built 10/5/83. The build sheets all match my door jam sticker. There is no rhyme or reason as to where they stuff these build sheets if they do it at all. I have found them on top of headliners, crammed up under the dash, ever under the carpet.

full

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users

OldsDad

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Mar 16, 2019
Southwest Michigan 49102
Have you tore the car apart yet? The build sheets that get stuffed in seats and behind the door panels have the build date on them. I found a build sheet stapled to the foam on my back seat. I also found one on the inside of the drivers door panel. And yet another under the hood insulation. My 84 Regal was built 10/5/83. The build sheets all match my door jam sticker. There is no rhyme or reason as to where they stuff these build sheets if they do it at all. I have found them on top of headliners, crammed up under the dash, ever under the carpet.

full

Thats interesting we have taken the doors apart for painting and found nothing. Also removed the headliner because the Sunroof seal was shot. The rest of the interior is in really good shape and I did not plan on taking apart any more. We will dig a Bit deeper and see what we find

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Sometimes they're under the seats. Passenger side and/or rear seat bottom stuck in the springs. Not always...some cars were cleaned out by some OCD **** at the assembly plant most likely if it never had any.

Did 86 442s come with a cowl tag? 85 Arlington cars normally didn't, but wasn't sure about 86s. 87s did.

What is the first half of the last 6 numbers of your VIN?

OldsDad

Apprentice
Supporting Member
Mar 16, 2019
Southwest Michigan 49102
I will get some pics of the door tag and the rebuild. My son will be home from collage this weekend Dad needs help moving Pics from android phone to laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor