Build Sheet - Not Too Much Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
86 MCSS, found under rear seat. An identical sheet is inside front seat back.
P1110404.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It does not look like any GM build sheet I have ever seen.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I thought the "real" build sheets stopped in '85 and that after then the kind in the pic above is what they used.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I think on another forum someone said they were broadcast sheets. I found them under my passenger front bucket seat, passenger side back seat, and one between the radiator hold down bracket and the radiator. I have never found a build sheet with all the info. Most have been found on top of the gas tank, hidden under the headliner, and in the door panels.

This info was for the early Monte Carlo SS models.

Later I believe car assembly workers were told to throw the sheets out after 87,88 and some were in the later SS models, according to few on another forum who took their cars apart for restoration.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I didn't know they tossed them but I guess it would make sense. The assembly workers would need the sheet to option the car out as it went down the line. Once they were done installing their part they would likey "hide" the sheet in the car as they went along instead of confusing themselves with a bunch of build sheets of cars gone by at their work station.
I found 2 in my car when I pulled the interior. One was folded in a triangle in the front seat springs on the PS, the other was under the carpet in the rear footwell. I recall reading that the bucket seat cars would often have them in the headrest but never checked mine.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Mine is not an SS but my sheet was under the back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor