Build sheet whereabouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
I'm a bit more familiar with the 50's and 60's car that had the build sheet under a seat or the dash. Would the build sheet for a 78 Grand Prix be hidden or would it be a sticker applied somewhere? I've already checked the trunk lid and glove box.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I'm a bit more familiar with the 50's and 60's car that had the build sheet under a seat or the dash. Would the build sheet for a 78 Grand Prix be hidden or would it be a sticker applied somewhere? I've already checked the trunk lid and glove box.
The hard core truth, they stuck them where ever they felt, no rhyme or reason unfortunately. Typical places are as Fleming mentioned, AND under the front seats (bottom side under a seat coil), under the hood insulation, under the headliner, inside the door panels ..as far as the back seat, I have found them on the bottom and the back rest part, tucked under the springs of the seat cushion. Another place was atop the fuel tank...if its an unmolested car, chances are its still somewhere in there...GOOD LUCK!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

lonewolf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
It's a 50,*** mile car that doesn't appear to have been touched. Have had the front bench seat and lower rear seat out for better access while installing an original 78 AM/FM cassette so no luck there. Not going to start tearing things apart looking for it just wondered what the common areas are.
I'm also reading into the replies that in 1978 it was still a paper sheet and they hadn't yet gone to the sticker.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
It's a 50,*** mile car that doesn't appear to have been touched. Have had the front bench seat and lower rear seat out for better access while installing an original 78 AM/FM cassette so no luck there. Not going to start tearing things apart looking for it just wondered what the common areas are.
I'm also reading into the replies that in 1978 it was still a paper sheet and they hadn't yet gone to the sticker.
First year for that SPID sticker containing the PRO codes was 1984.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I scoured over my wagon for one and came up empty. All original except the headliner was replaced at some point, so I assume it was above the headliner and removed at that time. I looked under the hoodliner, all door panels, carpet, under all seats, above gas tank, in re-doing the interior this year no stone was left unturned. Kind of bummed if it was tossed out.

Reactions: 1 user

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I found them on headliner, under driver seat, back seat, top of back seat, top gas tank and finally behind passenger door top panel.

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Anywhere possible. Under the carpet as a few mentioned... Headliners, In the Dash, Back seat etc.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
They aren't even supposed to be in the cars. They were supposed to be removed from the part and discarded when the car was assembled, but.....if they were out of sight, who would know?

Some cars/plants/years have them, some don't. There are also cases where the sheet in a car is for one either before or after the car it was found in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor