Build Thread: Gp02a0083's 1986 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
some of the upholstery work looks pretty easy to do, like you said GT_80 the door panels shouldn't be to bad. I was pressed for time and I have no clue where to get the right material. Someone who knows what there doing can get it done really fast. The roof and headliner took about a day for him to do, the visors and door panels took him about the same. Not to mention he went the extra mile and found NOS material that was from 86 in the back stock room of an old upholstery shop in Asbury park. All in all the upholstery work was done in less than a weeks time, it just took me longer to source the trim clips and re-install the other parts before the panels and trim were put back.

evilregal, it has taken a long time to get to where im at with the car, it was painted by me in 2003, and most of the work after that was done between 2004 to 2008 or 2009. The detail stuff like good bezels and taillights and stuff were done earlier this year. It takes time with projects like this, by all means i am in no rush to finish it, but we all want to finish and enjoy our projects. Hell i've owned the car for about 12 years, roughly 9 to 10 of that is when all the work was being done. It would have been done sooner, but the college loans are killing my wallet lol.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm actually starting off with a pretty good rust free-pretty straight body, that I happened to pick up fairly cheap ( see " I might be in trouble" in the photo section) and should be a fairly easy project. I really only want to do a simple resto on it and enjoy it, as the regal will be the play toy that gets all the goodies... looking at yours gives me some motivation to dive in and get it done....

btw, yeah, those college loans have a way of doing that, don't they??? lol

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
that's the best thing is to start off with a decent body /chassis. mine was a daily driver before i started doing the work to it, so any area's that i missed are starting to become issues as long as i don't let rust go on too long.

yah the college loans are hell, but what can you do about them. I'm not gonna sit on wall street bitching and complaining about the loans, I knew i was going to pay it off for the next 10 years. it would be nice if it was reduced lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor