Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
A G-body is fine, but I think most people just have/want one car and it's their daily driver. In my opinion, a G-Body is not a car that you can just drive everyday, park anywhere, go anywhere, lock your car and forget about it. If I drove everywhere in my car, it would be stolen within a week.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
No issue here either. G bodies are magnets for hoodlums and would-be car thieves though, for some reason.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For me by the time I build a Gbody that I would consider to be safe, reliable and economical enough to be a daily driver I have already passed the point of considering using it for that purpose.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
in the summer my GP is my daily driver, if I worried about it getting stolen I would get rid of it cause I don't need that stress over a car....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
For me by the time I build a Gbody that I would consider to be safe, reliable and economical enough to be a daily driver I have already passed the point of considering using it for that purpose.

i am in that boat now so to speak. when i started this build(t-type) i was driving around in a rust free 81 Monte. i had three floorshift columns, oodles of bucket seats to choose from, several consoles form stripper cars, and a set of clutch pedal linkages. storing a "barn find" regal is challenging to say the least! even this t-type with one(weathered) single stage repaint turns heads while out on the road. i have a hard time leaving it anywhere unattended without worry. i walk a lot(just to avoid rushed people) if running errands. finding rust AND dent free doors for these things is not exactly as easy as it used to be. i watched, in amazement, a guy trying to park his 5 year old fart can Soobaroo next to a spot i purposely chose due to size limitations ding my 30 year old rust free door, decide then that he couldn't get out of his car speed away before i could get to him. that was 8 years ago while out on a job in London On. never saw that car again during the time i stayed at that motel for the next 2 weeks. luckily for me, he only ruffed up the clear coat and didn't wrinkle any metal. and the funny thing is... i still want to throw a rock at every car i've seen since that looks like that one. i worked with a guy from Ottawa 3 years ago, who had one just like that one... three weeks into the job, he pulled me aside to ask me why it seemed(to him) that i sneered at him every time he walked by... i told him. we laughed about it later, but ya shoul've seen his face when he explained to me how he only just got that car, and he never ver drove in London.

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
DD mine all the time. They're just cars. There are more if something bad happens. Would it suck? Sure, but life goes on.

But, I don't hang out in sketchy areas and am not a typical consumer who goes to the mall, movie theater, etc. and leaves their car at the mercy of the general populace for long periods of time.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My original post was intended to point out that your car should not try to kill you. That's your job. I put on a trailer hitch to add rear ballast and some armor for the General's gas tank in the wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor