bumper width/interchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

corkatoa

Burger Flipper
Jul 6, 2013
Creston, BC, Canada
I need a rear bumper for my 81 Cutlass and was just driving by the local tow yard and they have a mid 80's caprice. looks the same but my car and a tape measure are 20 miles away and they want to crush the car or I buy it for a $100. It has a 10 bolt 8.5" diff and a turbo 350 so I guess I am buying it anyways?
But, i need to know if it is the same bumper.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
No, the bumper isn't even close to being the same. The only bumper that will fit is 81- 88 Cutlass two door. The trans would fit if need be but the rear is wider than a gbody and the control arm mounts won't line up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Forgot to mention, the trans will only fit depending on which bellhousing pattern it has. If its only a Chevy bell and you have a BOP engine it wont work unless it has a dual bell pattern case ( pretty uncommon in TH350 transmissions). Your probably better off saving your $100 for something more useful.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

corkatoa

Burger Flipper
Jul 6, 2013
Creston, BC, Canada
actually i have a 400 sbc and a turbo 400:sneaky:. I do not need any parts other than a bumper from it, but I won't bother with another parts car to have in my yard if it doesn't fit. The yard wants to haul it away today is why I needed to know. thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor