Bunch-o-wagons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1979 Cutlass Cuiser Wagon
Date: 2009-10-13, 6:28PM

For sale 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser Wagon. 305 auto, very nice car. Dual exchaust, glass packs, loud fast car. The body looks in great shape for her age basically no rust on her, has little damage on front clip! The interior also looks great. All original besides the engine. This car is a must see. Could be a really nice show car for someone. The car isnt running right now! Just stopped, not gettin gas to carb! working on fixing it. Im asking $1000obo you can reach me at (319) 256-3374 anytime after 4pm, the car is in wayland, Ia. Email for more pictures. Thanks

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/1420243508.html

3n93k03mb5O85Tf5Qc9ad88c5329543d315c1.jpg

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1982 Pontiac Bonneville Wagon - DIESEL!!!
Date: 2009-11-08, 4:55PM

Neat old cruiser. Midsize G-body wagon like Cutlass, Malibu or Regal. Looks great with Trans Am wheels (my idea of a Pontiac tribute). Rust free New Mexico car. Great body, interior is so-so. paint is chalky and original. This car would make a great street rod with a Pontiac 400 or convert to bio-diesel and hug a tree!
Wagon runs and drives but not very far because the radiator leaks. It has the infamous 5.7 Oldsmobile diesel that runs like a top. Now, before you run screaming, let me assure you that by 1982, GM had worked the bugs out of these engines that gave them a bad reputation and many of the later models (1982 - 1985) are still humming away.
I had planned on the afore mentioned 400 swap but I just bought a Harley and need the money because my wife is pissed.
Check the pics, check with Mama and give me a call. Tell her it's a cruiser you can take the kids to the coast with. $800.00 or intelligent offers.
Sorry, no trades, payments, checks or Nigerian money orders. I don't care if you really are an African prince and no, I don't want your $50,000 money order nor do I wish to advance you the difference.
Cash talks, b.s. walks. Mike @ 210-394-8394. No e-mails.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1457139828.html

3k63o23pb5T45R25S29b8fe8966602cbe1a1e.jpg

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1980 buick century malibu wagon
Mileage: 44,000 miles
Vehicle Information
VIN: 4e35aah139436 | See the free Vehicle History Report
Inspection: Order an independent inspection

up for auction is a 1980 buick century wagon. it is very similar to a malibu wagon. this car is very original unmolested 44k original mile wagon out of arizona. i have had it a couple of years and put a few thousand miles on it. the car is in very good shape and runs great and even gets great gas mileage with its v6 motor. the interior is in good shape only needing a headliner. the am/fm radio still works but the speakers are dry rotted. the a/c blows cold but the controller has a vacume leak that opens and closes the vents. cheap easy fix. the rear window defrost still works. it has power steering and power brakes. the tires are like brand new and the brake pads and alternator look new. the car is super dependable and drives great. the reason i am selling it is i have too many cars a baby on the way a half finished house and work is slow so the toys have to go. do not bid if you are overseas zero or negative feedback.payment is cashiers check or cash. has no warranties sold as is where is buyer responsible for shipping thanks kevin. for sale locally can end auction at anytime

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...290304&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Picture_1%7E3.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1981 Buick wagon-Century
Date: 2009-11-13, 11:00AM

'81 buick century wagon (same as the Malibu) 17-22 MPG, 3.8 V6 , runs great. pwr acc, cragar style wheels with near new tires, after market dual exhaust, this wagon has been well taken care of. Must See....
$2300 make offer. 208-697-7000 John..

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/1464388776.html

Picture_7.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
malibu wagon pontiac le mans 79
Date: 2009-10-25, 3:53PM

wagon 79. FACTORY POSI BUCKET SEATS FLOOR SHIFTER N TACH
smooth ride inspected til dec air work cd player
v8 301 auto dual exhaust 5 star cragars 8 inch in rear glossy paint, some rust coming thru. nice seats trades considered but no j* cars
email [email protected]

Original URL: http://delaware.craigslist.org/cto/1437205105.html

Picture_8.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
beware fees

1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser $1,599

Classic car at a great price !! You have got to get this one !! SWEET RIDE !! - - - 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass 4dr Wagon Cruiser Brougham 2S - - - Climate Package, AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Climate Control - Zone, Bench Seats, Center Arm Rest, Cloth Seats, 5 Passenger Seating, Full Wheel Covers, Body Side Molding, Power Steering

Vehicle pricing and availability subject to change without prior notice.
Price excludes administrative, origination, documentary, procurement and/or other administrative fee.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=&max_price=&cardist=364&standard=false

normal_Picture_1_10-27-28.png

normal_gm2.jpg

This car is a very well-done diesel conversion that I made an offer on this weekend past, after taking it for a nice drive. There are two main points to watch out for on this car. One is that this car is being sold at a dealership. The dealer both increased the price and placed a $500 transfer fee on the car. The other is that the water pump seal is shot, so the car is either a trailer job or in need of a repair prior to driving it anywhere.

The pluses are that the car is very complete, and the conversion is so well done that you'd think it's stock (it's complete down to the gauge panel message, unleaded fuel only). The interior is complete. The air works well, and the interior has only a couple of light tears in the driver's seat and a sagging headliner to be concerned about. I personally love the lack of power anything (other than brakes and steering). I love the one-piece bench seat. Trim is complete. There is next to no rust.

The negatives are that the paint is rough, there are a couple of minor tears in the upholstery, the headliner has the obligatory sag. The aforementioned water pump needs replaced, and that's possibly because of a fairly significant wobble on the crank pump of the Olds power plant. I don't know if the replacement motor is a 307, 350 or 403. The dealer thought that the gas engine was original, so they don't know. I am pretty sure the exhaust is shot.

What makes me think that the engine has been replaced? The brake booster is the hydroboost variant used with diesels. The gas tank is new.

To be nitpicky, there's a bit of trim off of the driver's door that they still have, and the air is obviously a recent repair, so it's unknown if it leaks. It did not make me feel warm and fuzzy that the dealer wouldn't put the car on the rack for me. The usual rear glass weatherstripping problem is present.

In the end, I made an offer accounting for my sore back for replacing the water pump in the motel lot. They didn't bite.

Good luck to whoever is interested in the car.

ponchoman49

Apprentice
May 27, 2009
NY
Re:

Wants_a_wagon said:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323788

23237880001_medium.jpg

In Hillard, Ohio

I bought this car in december so I could have something to drive.I only paid 50 bucks for it and it didn't run. Ever since I got it running i fell inlove with the thing. I like it because it is different. How often do you see a 79 olds wagon driving down the road. It is slow as hell and only has about 150HP. That is really sad considering it is a V8. ut the motor is small, it is only a 4.3 260CID V8. But it is for sale because I can't afford gas. $1500 OBO.

Would love to find one of these Olds wagons sometime next year. Believe it or not the Olds 260 only makes 110 HP for the 1978 models and 105 for 79-80 and 100 HP for 81 and 82 years. If yours is the non computerised 78-80 version you can pep it up quite a bit like I did with my buddies 79's Calais with the 260 and crappy open 2.29:1 gears out back. We drilled out the tiny jets for a little more fuel delivery, removed the restrictive spark retard system and installed a distributer recurve kit for a total of 32 degrees of advance and boy did that wake up the little 260! A complete tuneup and replacing the restrictive bead cat converter helped even more. The wagons have a 2.56:1 rear end std with the 260 so a switch to 3:08 -3:23 would make a big difference also. Of course installing an Olds 350 or 403 would make a huge difference too and are an easy swap but gas mileage will plummet to teens. After I was done with my friends 79 Calais 260 he was seeing mid 20's gas mileage in suburban combined driving so the 260 mill is capable of decent mileage when in proper tune. Good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor