Butt-Naked 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
My cousin's old 442 got stolen this past week from the guy he traded it to for a GMC truck.

26890260040_large.jpg

26890260041_large.jpg

26890260042_large.jpg

26890260043_large.jpg

26890260044_large.jpg

It got recovered on Friday stripped down.

676.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Holy sh*t! That freakin sucks! What a waste of a nice car

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
It was really heartbreaking to see that last picture. Getting it back in that condition is almost worse than not getting it back at all. There are some pretty sick *ssh*les out there that don't give a f*** what these older cars mean to people and don't give a sh*t about the time, money, and care put into them. And it's REALLY f***ed up that people end up buying the parts from someone else's pride and joy. That's like me eating a hamburger not knowing it was made of murder victims. :rant: :doh:
EDIT: In light of recent events, I'm sorry if that last sentence upsets people but it is how I truly feel about these situations. It's f'd up and it shouldn't happen. That's all I'm trying to say.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It'll be interesting to see the disposition of the case. It's not unheard of for thieves to steal and strip vehicles, leaving the carcass where it will be easily found. They then buy the hull at salvage auction and have the complete car "legally" after reassembly. Used to be easy to spot because harnesses would be unplugged vs cut, no stray hardware, etc.Don't see it as often as we used to, but I'd imagine it still happens..

Was it insured against theft?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
did they take the 8.5 rearend??? IMO that is the most expensive piece... I would rebuild it to og specs and pay extra attention to it!! but yeah it sucks!! I hate a car thieve!!! :twisted:

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
F*** ME!! :shock: if i was your cousin, id be checkin craigslist, ebay, and all the shops in the area for the rest of the car. and bringing some bad *ss attitude with me :twisted: .

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
How do you know who stole it? is local Law Enforcement involved?? That does suck big time that's for sure....I hope they left the 8.5 rear in the car.....I also hope they your cousin will bring that 442 back to life..keep us posted Q-Dub on what happens with this. Condolences to your cuz:(

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guys, it sounds like Q-Dubs cousin no longer owned the car. The guy who traded him the GMC truck for the car was the victim in this case. In either case it still sucks whoever's loss it was. Never the less, I hate seeing that. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor