Bye Bye Mustang GT,LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
On my way to my friends place on the shore yesterday with the Monte.
I was going through the small village of Pereau when I noticed a bright red GT 'Stang coming up behind me,it looked like a new model.
On the way out of Pereau there is a slight downhill with a 90 degree right hand turn at the bottom and by this time the Mustang was right on my back bumper.
As I made the 90 degree corner I had the Monte right down in 2nd gear with the RPM's in the right place.
I floored it and the big block came to life,it started fishtailing and smoke poured off the rear tires and I ran her up to the rev limiter in 3rd and 4th gear then had to brake for a corner.
As I looked in the rear view mirror the Mustang had vanished from sight,then I eventually saw it again.
I slowed down a bit to see if he wanted to play some more on one of the twisty parts of the road but he didn't want to play anymore,wouldnt even come close to me.It was funny,as I slowed down to let him catch up,he slowed down too.
I guess the 31 year old Monte can still show those Mustangs the tail lights LOL
Guy

• Winner
Reactions: 10 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You probably caused the poor guy to trade in his Mustang, I hope you are happy now....:doh:

• Haha
  • Happy
Reactions: 3 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
You probably caused the poor guy to trade in his Mustang, I hope you are happy now....:doh:

Well,maybe the poor guy will come to his senses and buy a Chevy LOL
Guy

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011

Steve,a more likely scenario was that he pooped his pants when he saw that old Monte going sideways and smoke coming from the tires,LOL
Guy

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had a simailar occurance with a Mustang last year on the 401 highway. I was in the middle lane enjoying the drive in 5th doing about 75 mph so it's at around 1800 rpm. I saw a Mustang coming up quick in the left lane and he slowed down to pace me for a few seconds and then he floored it. I didn't bite so he slowed down to let me catch up and he did it again but I ignored him again so he slowed down and when he was beside me I dropped it back into 3rd and punched it til it hit the rev limiter, that calmed him down....,It would have been fun but there is too many cops on the 401 to play around

Reactions: 5 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
On my way to my friends place on the shore yesterday with the Monte.
I was going through the small village of Pereau when I noticed a bright red GT 'Stang coming up behind me,it looked like a new model.
On the way out of Pereau there is a slight downhill with a 90 degree right hand turn at the bottom and by this time the Mustang was right on my back bumper.
As I made the 90 degree corner I had the Monte right down in 2nd gear with the RPM's in the right place.
I floored it and the big block came to life,it started fishtailing and smoke poured off the rear tires and I ran her up to the rev limiter in 3rd and 4th gear then had to brake for a corner.
As I looked in the rear view mirror the Mustang had vanished from sight,then I eventually saw it again.
I slowed down a bit to see if he wanted to play some more on one of the twisty parts of the road but he didn't want to play anymore,wouldnt even come close to me.It was funny,as I slowed down to let him catch up,he slowed down too.
I guess the 31 year old Monte can still show those Mustangs the tail lights LOL
Guy

Love it. GBF could benefit from a FISH/KILL section similar to TurboBuick.com. It’s always an interesting read

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor