C-5 Corvetter brake hub options???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
I bought some C5 calipers that I want to put on my 1984 Cutlass. What options do I have as far as hubs to use the slide on Vette rotors on the front? Also, is there anyone that makes the brackets to mount the calipers to the spindles?

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
PBR should make appropriate rotors calipers and brackets. I have 13" with blazer spindles requires minimum 17" wheel

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
Carlola said:
PBR should make appropriate rotors calipers and brackets. I have 13" with blazer spindles requires minimum 17" wheel
I'm getting the 13" also. How do I go about using the blazer spindles? Do they need any mods? Whats year parts can I use?

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
veltboy314 said:
Carlola said:
I'm getting the 13" also. How do I go about using the blazer spindles? Do they need any mods? Whats year parts can I use?

you will need spindles off a 98+ 2WD Blazer or Jimmy.. I bought my brackets from a gentleman on another website who wasn't using them..They allow the C5 abutment bracket to bolt on to the spindle. Only mod i had to do to the spindle was a little grinding for the bolts to seat perfectly when tightened..If you can look at my Photobucket link and after a few pages of pics you will find the pics i posted of them i might have posted them here but can't remember.. The computor here at work doesn't allow me on certain websites :roll: I am also using 13in rotors and you will see pics of them mocked up as well.. Later on i can try to post pics if you would like.. :mrgreen:

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Should fit any c5 years caliper + rotor with appropriate bolt pattern. Fits stock A-arms, balljoints and steering gear, mine lowers ride height approx 2"
Picture074.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
A friend did this conversion on a 3rd gen camaro, and the Blazer spindles are not needed and will lead to added costs when the hubs wear-out in the future, as they are substantially more expensive than bearings. Another alternative is to use your stock spindles, bearings, and rotors. All you need to do is cut the rotor surface off of the rotor and use the hat portion for the mounting surface. Stock C-5 Corvette rotors will slip over the remainder of your stock rotors that will now work as a hub.

Even if you don't have the tools it will cost much less to have a machine shop trim your rotors, buy new bearings than it would to buy junk yard s-10 hubs, and you will have a better (cheaper to maintain) assembly when you are done.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Stoopud said:
A friend did this conversion on a 3rd gen camaro, and the Blazer spindles are not needed and will lead to added costs when the hubs wear-out in the future, as they are substantially more expensive than bearings. Another alternative is to use your stock spindles, bearings, and rotors. All you need to do is cut the rotor surface off of the rotor and use the hat portion for the mounting surface. Stock C-5 Corvette rotors will slip over the remainder of your stock rotors that will now work as a hub.

Even if you don't have the tools it will cost much less to have a machine shop trim your rotors, buy new bearings than it would to buy junk yard s-10 hubs, and you will have a better (cheaper to maintain) assembly when you are done.

I agree, and unless you are going to be using the WSS in the Blazer hubs for an ABS setup, you need to plug the hole somehow. IMO the best option is to either buy the already cut hubs from www.flynbye.com or get a machine shop to turn an old set of rotors down for you. I think the turned down hubs with rotors to slip on, only adds around 1/4" so if using a stock wheel it probably won't be very noticeable.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
that is what I am doing.

Aug 15, 2007
long island ny
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor