C5 exhaust manifolds on a 4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I am still gathering parts for an LS swap and I have a line on some C5 manifolds for dirt cheap.
What I need to know is will both sides 100% work for a g body swap and does it matter if its a 4.8?
Plans are 1" setbacks and I will be doing the jeep shaft swap beforehand plus my car is a floor shift if any of that matters.

TIA

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
to the best of my knowledge, the f-body ls1 manifolds are the only factory manifolds that work (JohnB used them in his swap). If the budget allows, the pacesetter fbody headers would be a worthwhile upgrade over stock manifolds.....driver side fits, passenger side needs modification.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I read somewhere that one truck manifold will work ( in a G-body) on one side, and then an F-body or vette manifold works on the other. Problem is I dont have any manifolds yet. So I need to know if I still need to find a truck manifold for one side or if Im good to go with both vette manifolds. That way I can stop thinking about the exhaust portion of the swap.

Thanks agian

William

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
since the f-body manifolds are proven to work, and are cheap and readily available.......I would go that route.
That may be my next move. But I can pick up the very clean C5 manifolds for 20 bucks locally so if they do in fact work, Ill be saving a few bucks there that I can spend on a new crossmember.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
You'd be doing the internet a favor by trying those out. Just make sure you report back when/if you find out.

If I were you I'd sign up on ls1tech. There's a lot of gbody talk in the conversions and hybrids section.

Be warned, you'll find yourself wanting cars you had never thought twice about while browsing that particular forum.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
You'd be doing the internet a favor by trying those out. Just make sure you report back when/if you find out.

If I were you I'd sign up on ls1tech. There's a lot of gbody talk in the conversions and hybrids section.

Be warned, you'll find yourself wanting cars you had never thought twice about while browsing that particular forum.

Well I did some more digging a found some info. And out of all the places on the internet, the info was right here at GBodyForum all along.
I cant post a link but the thread is called "LSX G-body Swap Write Up". And in the exhaust section of the first post it clearly says F body or Vette manifolds will work. So it sounds like I am good to go. I figure LS manifolds for a Gbody swap for 20 bucks is a deal I cant pass up.

Thanks to all who responded.

And yeah, LS1tech is like car p*rn lol.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Well I did some more digging a found some info. And out of all the places on the internet, the info was right here at GBodyForum all along.
I cant post a link but the thread is called "LSX G-body Swap Write Up". And in the exhaust section of the first post it clearly says F body or Vette manifolds will work. So it sounds like I am good to go. I figure LS manifolds for a Gbody swap for 20 bucks is a deal I cant pass up.

Thanks to all who responded.

And yeah, LS1tech is like car p*rn lol.

Glad you found that thread. Lots of good info on this site. People just seem to skip right over it.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I am glad we found an answer as to if vette exhaust manifolds will work or not. Hopefully this thread will help direct others in the future.
But,,,,, not really a happy ending for me.
The guy told me over the phone I could come get them when HE got off work for the 20 bucks HE said he wanted for them. Not my offer, but his asking price. The guy tells me he gets off at 3:30 and to call him at 4:00. So I call at 3:55 and the guy tells he his buddy who lives down the street from him gave him a case of Milwaukees Best for them. Huh? Wait, what? Hell I would have been happy to spend a hundred to get this part of the swap done. So for 20 bucks I was going to tip him ten bucks. But a case of Milwaukees best? That crap cost like 13 dollars.
As you all can guess, I had a few choice words for him.
Oh well, the search continues. Maybe this will force my hand and Ill get some long tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor