C5 vette transmission use in swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Hi guys.

Can i renove the transmission from a c5 transaxle setup and bolt to the LS engine?

I've been searching hard, and the t56 manual can if you modify the transmission using GTO parts it seems. Not really straight foreward, but definitely doable.

I havent been able to verify if the autonatic transmission can be used though. My guess is that you would have to bolt on a "normal" engine mount transmission bellhousing to the transaxle transmission to mate it to the engine, also using a flexplate and converter. How about for the tail shaft then?

Im asking because i can get my hands on a c5 donor car that is wrecked but with the driveline intact.

Anyone know anything about it?

It is surprisingly hard to find info on using a c5 vette as a donor car for an ls swap!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I found an article about using a c5 manual trans. There was a lot to change in order for it to work. So much so that it made as much if not more money than just buying the correct trans in the first place. I have never heard of doing it with an automatic. If you can get the whole car, why not just fabricate some mounts and use the whole chassis, suspension, and everything? I believe the wheel base would need to be extended slightly to fit a g body though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor