C5 vs blazer brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
What would you do?
Install c5 brakes up front? Or blazer brakes?

I have the blazer spindle already. And i parted out a c5 so i have a complete setup also.
But almost a complete blazer setup for the front as well.

But 17" wheels are so expensive. And weigh a tonne unless youre willing to spend big buck on aluminum.

I LOVE rally wheels on almost any car. And the 275/60/15 tires look freaking cool on rallyes..

So, c5 vs blazer brakes for a daily driver with the occasional weekend fun? On a limited budget! And i have NO wheels so i need to buy wheels in any case!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Yes rallys should clear front blazer brakes. IIRC they interfere if trying to use them with LS1 Rear brakes. I run both and the rears just clear with the 85+ monte ss alum rims like my avatar

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i think you've already answered your own question. go with the blazer brakes as long as the fit. keep the c5 brakes till you find a deal on 17" rims and tires.
i already had the 17" trans am rims when i went with c5 brakes and 1.5" wheel spacers.

Reactions: 1 users

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
i think you've already answered your own question. go with the blazer brakes as long as the fit. keep the c5 brakes till you find a deal on 17" rims and tires.
i already had the 17" trans am rims when i went with c5 brakes and 1.5" wheel spacers.
I guess you're right! I did. Im a bit relieved actually as rallye wheels are cheap around these parts and the budget is limited..

I will try and sell the c5 brakes locally to gain additional funding.

Great help guys. Thx for the replies

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I guess you're right! I did. Im a bit relieved actually as rallye wheels are cheap around these parts and the budget is limited..

I will try and sell the c5 brakes locally to gain additional funding.

Great help guys. Thx for the replies

Sometimes we just need to hear our own thoughts out loud. Happens to me all the time :) Glad you found your answer.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
C5 brakes are 13" and don't fit any 16" wheels. LS1 brakes are 12" and barely fit 16" wheels. B-body spindle/12" brakes fit some 15" wheels, but will rub others, Blazer brakes are 11" and fit almost all 15" wheels.

If you want to have wheel choice options that include stock wheels, 11" brakes is a big as you can go.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
C5 brakes are 13" and don't fit any 16" wheels. LS1 brakes are 12" and barely fit 16" wheels. B-body spindle/12" brakes fit some 15" wheels, but will rub others, Blazer brakes are 11" and fit almost all 15" wheels.

If you want to have wheel choice options that include stock wheels, 11" brakes is a big as you can go.
Good info

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor