Cadillac 4100 Bolt Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Don’t know much about this engine but I found a transmission for one of these. Any chance it uses the BOP V8 bellhousing pattern?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I "THINK" that those use a BOP pattern. I haven't seen a running 4100 in many years, though.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
I have an 83 (per the numbers on it) caddy 200 4R that had to come from behind one of these engines. Standard dual pattern bellhousing. Found it in a suburban.

Also could be a 200c or 250c I suppose but same bellhousing.

Found a pic on offerup for a 4100. Looks like a regular 200 4R.

Attachments

• 4100 and 2004R.jpg
    4100 and 2004R.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Yup. 200-4R. C-BOP bell pattern.

Sadly, a wasted trip. Dude was highly proud of it. ‘Has a rebuild tag on it, only 5 thousand miles.’ Dipstick tube and cooling lines torn off with pliers. Fluid smelled like coal tar. Bright pink, so he probably dumped a quart or two in there. Covered in cat hair, pulled the TC and found the pump and TC full of that. Offered him half of what he was asking, fishing for a core. Nope. Solid gold.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Yup. 200-4R. C-BOP bell pattern.

Sadly, a wasted trip. Dude was highly proud of it. ‘Has a rebuild tag on it, only 5 thousand miles.’ Dipstick tube and cooling lines torn off with pliers. Fluid smelled like coal tar. Bright pink, so he probably dumped a quart or two in there. Covered in cat hair, pulled the TC and found the pump and TC full of that. Offered him half of what he was asking, fishing for a core. Nope. Solid gold.
Welcome to the post-Covid dumpster fire.....

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I knowingly took the risk. He insisted on the phone that it was only for a Cad HT4100. I looked at the picture on the CL ad and could see it was a 200-4R by the pan. Between the internet and the replies on Forum, I hoped he had no idea what kind of trans it was. Didn’t matter. He had paid a K for it. Once I got there, and asked enough questions, he eventually admitted that he’d had it sitting for 10-15 years. Maybe Covid is shaking stuff loose. But sometimes you can get lucky.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Oh, I get it. A late friend of mine used to tell me "you have to go look everytime". He was right, just sux that so many people are so clueless/shady/desperate of late.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Oh, I get it. A late friend of mine used to tell me "you have to go look everytime". He was right, just sux that so many people are so clueless/shady/desperate of late.
Sometimes it helps when the seller keeps drinking beer while checking things out & you end up with more than you expect for $400. Even with a spun rod I made out when I bought my 350 which was to be a long block only ended up with an extra rotating assembly, new Edelbrock cam (w/o lifters), rings & bearings needed to rebuild it, extra tin, engine storage stand & a cherry picker. Oh yea, a few brews for the ride home (wife got those since I quit drinking a few years before.) Don't think I'll get that lucky again.

Reactions: 1 users

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Man even a poorly tuned stock 305 is better than the best dressed 4100, don’t go spending too much on one of those 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor