Caliper Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I have used this with good results on my 02 Camaro SS brake components. Prep well, goes on nice and never had an issue.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...cxxuUEhZ3yN36iKcP1zlWbRMMiW3yY6YaAhZVEALw_wcB

caliper-paint-high-temp-spray-paint-11-ounce-vht-sp739-2.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I also went with the VHT brand.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I used regular QUALITY spray paint. The key is in the prep. If you think it's clean and dirt/grease free, clean it again.... Then blownit off with compressed air, if you see anything come off,.clean it again and keep repeating until it's actually clean. Then simply paint the caliper.

Nov 4, 2012
I painted my bench vise with rattle can duplicolor/vht red caliper paint about 6 years ago. I did zero prep work. It still looks decent today and I beat the sh*t out of that vise regularly.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
The VHT also works well on the rotors and drums. I tape the machined surface and do inside and out. Especially in between the fins. Looks real nice finished. Even nicer with brand new rotors.
I bought new drums and rotors and did them all with POR15 and POR15 chassis black topcoat...I'll post pics when I get them on

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
I used VHT on freshly sandblasted calipers and it flakes off pretty easy. There is supposed to be a brush on paint that lays down really flat and works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor