Calling all EFI guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Im trying to put together a parts for my swap so I have an LY6, Im thinking of using an ls3 intake and Ls1 harness and computer and throttle body.
Now I know there is some sort of adapter that will make the 58tooth work for the crank signal and I am eliminating the vvt.
Would there be any other reason this wouldnt work?

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you are going to use the LS1 PCM. I think Lingenfelter sells a converter box. I've not done one, but did a 24x EFI connections conversion on my SBC. I also know that the new engines have the knock sensors in the cover not the valley like an LS1. Get the wiring correct and I think it should work (no expert). I used an LS1 harness re-pinned and a 2002 Camaro PCM (411 PCM). Car runs better than ever.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Thanks, I need a rectangle port intake but cable throttle body because I need to pull the cable on the 700r4. So I cant go fly by wire Unless I get a different trans or swap a manual valve body on mine. Both of which I dont want to do. This swap is expensive enough so I want to use what I have as much as I can, within reason ofcoarse.
That brings me to my next question are the injectors and fuel rail interchangeable form a truck intake to an ls3 or ls2 intake. Im sure the injectors must be but the fuel rail not sure. If anybody knows kool if not no biggie I guess Ill find out when I have the intake.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm also doing a 5.3l swap in my Monte SS. I'm using an LS1 intake and I'm pretty sure that the truck rails won't work. Also the LS1 wiring harness has injector plugs for EV1 style injectors, which are different from the truck ones. I can't remember if the injectors themselves will work, I thought the truck injectors were shorter. Someone else could shed some light on that one.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
That would be good know about the injectors. I'm not so concerned with the harness anymore because my plan is to have the harness custom made. So I was told if I give them all the specs of what I have they can make the harness.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Truck injectors and rails won't swap to the LS3 intake. When we did my brother's car, he found a take off intake with the bolts, rails, injectors on ebay.

Lingenfelter makes the converter box that translates the crank/cam signals from the GEN IV motor to the GEN III PCM.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Truck injectors and rails won't swap to the LS3 intake. When we did my brother's car, he found a take off intake with the bolts, rails, injectors on ebay.

Lingenfelter makes the converter box that translates the crank/cam signals from the GEN IV motor to the GEN III PCM.

Thanks good to know. So I know not to look for a bare intake and find one with injectors and fuel rails. There's one in eBay for roughly 5-600 bucks. Would be perfect. But at that cost I'm starting To consider keeping the truck intake since it will work, I just don't like how it looks. Then I can use that money towards something else in that project. Then maybe later on down the line I can swap it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a better deal.
Thanks for the info guys

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
IMG_1171.JPG

Well look at what I scored and for free. Lol. Love being a tool dealer. I'll play with it this weekend and see if I can somehow make it work. If so I won't be so horrified by the look of the truck intake and just save the 5 600 bucks for something else to get it in and running faster.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor